-
September 17th, 2007, 08:00 AM
#111
Inactive Member
Sorry everyone I have been down. My cable was out for three days. But we are back up and running... Here is one for today:
" It is said that when you wake up in the morning you have two choices. You can continue your dream in the bed, or you can get up and make your dream become true."
Written in 2007 by Yuan Xingjun
Have A Great Day
Lots of Love
Dawn
-
September 18th, 2007, 02:38 PM
#112
Inactive Member
Sorry I didn't put one on today. My best friend is in labor as I speak and I just came home to change my clothes and go sit with her...
Love u guys
D
-
September 18th, 2007, 03:01 PM
#113
moderator
It's good to have you and your quotes back Dawny!
Have a nice Tuesday!
[img]graemlins/computer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
Gus
-
September 19th, 2007, 08:04 AM
#114
Inactive Member
Well still no baby for my friend... So I am off to work but I am pretty sure today is the day. I am just waiting for that call... Well here is one for today:
" Wanting to win is common to all; working to win is the real mark of a champion."
Author Unknown
Have A great Day
lots of love
Dawn
-
September 20th, 2007, 08:15 AM
#115
Inactive Member
Well it is Thursday and still no baby for my friend Adrienne... I am about ready to go up there and get it myself... Well here is one to get all of us through the day:
" Make every thought, every fact, that comes into your mind pay you a profit. Make it work and produce for you. Think of things not as they are but as they might be. Don't merely dream --- but create!"
Robert Collier
Have a Great Day
Lots of love
Dawn
-
September 25th, 2007, 08:30 AM
#116
Inactive Member
Okay here it the deal.. My God daughter was born last Thursday at 11:34pm. And then I took off till tomorrow for vacation just to get some rest and I got called back in due to the GM strike. If I didn't go in I would lose my seniorty so I had to. So I'm back so here is one for today:
" The limits of your strength are unknown until they are tested. It is in that moment that you'll realize there are no bounds."
Copyright ? 2007 Kimberly A. Gamble
Have A Great Day
Lots of Love
Dawn
-
September 25th, 2007, 02:04 PM
#117
Inactive Member
Dawny keep your head up and stay strong
75,000 people on strike I just can not
believe what is going on.
Cheers Luv Warren
-
September 25th, 2007, 07:16 PM
#118
Inactive Member
Believe it Wolfie, if we ( the UAW) dont stand up now to these greedy corporate bastards, the rest of the workers, union and non-union alike will lose their jobs to China and Mexico.
What I dont understand is, who do they think will buy these foreign products when nobody has a job.
Labor didn't create this mess, congress and corporate america did by letting the asians walk all over us through unfair trade.
Is your plant still gonna stay open?
Hope it does.
Gregg
-
September 25th, 2007, 07:34 PM
#119
Inactive Member
My plant will stay open at this point. However we are not union but 90% of what we do we do for GM.. Fight for what you believe in Gregg...
Later
Dawn
-
September 25th, 2007, 09:20 PM
#120
Inactive Member
Glad to hear your plant will stay open for now Dawn!
Unfortunately, their are a lot of people that believe it's the unions that are greedy!
What they dont realize is the unions have an effect on non-union shops and their wages!
Our own supervisors wages, who are non-union, depend on the union to get them better living wages.
Things aren't as they seem at Toyota. No Benefits and a revolving door, so much for job security. You said it yourself, you got called back to work or you would lose your seniority, thats not right. Yes, Toyota pays prevailing wages, thats because they dont want Unions! If they break the unions workers at Toyota can kiss their prevailing wages GOODBYE.
Hang in there Dawny, I dont think the strike will last to much longer( I hope)!
Love Ya,
Gregg
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks